Sunday, July 31, 2016

Books: Rage By Zygmunt Miloszewski

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like to read intelligent written thrillers. So I am happy that the phalanx of strong Anglo-Saxon writers is getting more and more competition from authors all over the world, thanks to the globalization. I enjoy reading the "Kurt Wallander novels" by the Swedish writer Henning Mankell and other Scandinavian thrillers. Their authors combine political & social issues with thrilling plots, often very sinister.

Recently I found a book from Poland that reminds me of the best Scandinavian crime novels: "Rage" by the Polish author Zygmunt Miloszewski (amazon). The book belongs to a series which describe the "adventures of Teodor Szacki", a prosecutor in Olsztyn, a small town in Poland. In this novel Szacki investigates a grizzly & mysterious murder case which leads to a lot of surprises (this is a spoiler free blog). Like the dark Scandinavian thrillers the plot mixes political & social issues with a gripping story. I really enjoyed Miloszewdki´s psychological insights & his sarcastic remarks about society, history, architecture & more.

I am planning to read more by Miloszewski and about prosecutor Szacki.

No comments:

Post a Comment