Saturday, November 5, 2016

Contemporary Art: Impressions From An Art Gallery Reception On Orchard Street, New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - The world of contemporary art is full of surprises & discoveries. Yesterday my wife and I passed a gallery on Orchard Street were just a reception happened. I took the occasion to collect some pictures there.



The gallery Castle Fitzjohns (98 Orchard Street, New York castlefitzjohns) opened a just 3 days lasting exhibition with works by Francisco de Pajaro (through November 6th 2016 franciscodepajaro). His motif is: "Art is trash"!




Trash or not, I like the displayed works which remind me a bit of Jean-Michel Basquiat. The paintings are very modern, funny & sarcastic. I also enjoyed being for some minutes a part of a crowd which is as cool & contemporary as the displayed art works.





Above some paintings by the artist - a very subjective selection as usual. Let the images speak for themselves.




Before the gallery I could spot more art works -  displaying the motive of the show.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment