Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Contemporary Art: What`s New In Chelsea?

(Drivebycuriosity) - I love contemporary art. Therefore I sometimes explore the art galleries in New York`s Chelsea district which has a cluster of top-notch art dealers. At my recent visit there I discovered again some interesting new art works. I show here my favorites from this foray, a very subjective selection as usual.




Above you can see some paintings by Franklin Evans spotted @ gallery Ameringer McEnery Yohe (525 West 22nd Street  amy-nyc).




I also enjoyed the drawings & sculptures by William Tucker which I found @ Danese Corey  ( 511 West 22nd Street danesecorey).




The sculptures above are created by Barbara Chase-Riboud seen @ Michael Rosenfeld gallery ( 100 Eleventh Avenue @19th  michaelrosenfeld).



Above Rebecca Warren`s  "Los Hadeans" (2017, Hand-painted bronze and pompom on painted MDF pedestal) spotted @ Matthew Marks   ( 523 West 24 Street matthewmarks). The sculpture is part of a group exhibition which also shows Michel Majerus`mural "depressive neurosis" (2000, Acrylic on cotton).


The funny large murals by Kara Walker @ Sikkema Jenkins & Co. (530 West 22nd Street  sikkemajenkins) got a lot admirers.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment