Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Street Art New York: Best Of Summer 2017

(Drivebycuriosity) - The summer comes to an end. It was a good season for New York´s street art. I spotted a lot new & fascinating murals on the streets of Lower East, Soho & East Village. I show here my summer favorites, a very subjective selection as usual.  I spotted the Blondie mural in the East Village @ corner Bowery & First Street. It replaced a tribute to the Ramones (driveby ).

I discovered the girl photographing the blurred Mickey Mouse on Crosby Street between East Houston and First Street, a place where frequently amazing murals appear.

The "no parking face" beautifies a door in the East Village.

The legs above walk @ corner of Stanton & Christie Street on the Lower East Side.



I found this beautiful lady between East Houston & First Street. There is an area used by New York`s Centre-Fuge Public Art Project, a collective of street artists who show there their own works and murals by invited participants.

I caught these artists working @ the corner of Elizabeth Street & East Houston. This fashion shop sponsors frequently changing art work of high quality.




                                                                      Same Spirit



Some artists focused on cats. I saw the tiger on Lafayette and the lion looks onto Allen Street.

Above a mail collecting box on Suffolk & Stanton Street.

This work of anonymous art maybe not really street art. I spotted the sketch of a girl carved into a seat in the subway (D Train). But it shows the same spirit.


To be continued.



No comments:

Post a Comment