Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Street Art New York: My Top Twenty 2017

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am connoisseur of street art. I like murals, graffiti, stencils and other incarnations of this elusive art form and take pictures when ever I can. Therefore I shot a lot of street art pictures, especially in New York`s neighborhoods Lower East Side, East Village & Soho.


Here are my top 20 of 2017 (here of 2016). Actually I got 23, but I couldn´t resist. Above a wonderful mural which I found on Kenmare Street in the Lower East Side (between Delancey & Lafayette). Isn`t she pretty? My favorite!

I spotted the Blondie mural in the East Village @ corner Bowery & First Street. It replaced a tribute to the Ramones (driveby ).


Above 2 awesome murals which I had discovered on Ludlow Street between Rivington & Delancey also in the Lower East Side.


These legs walk @ corner of Stanton & Christie Street -  Lower East Side as well.



Above this paragraph you can see some murals I spotted on the wall of rag & bone at the corner of Elizabeth & Houston. This fashion shop impresses with frequently changing art work of high quality.

I found this beautiful lady between East Houston & First Street. There is an area used by New York`s Centre-Fuge Public Art Project, a collective of street artists who show there their own works and murals by invited participants.




I discovered the girl photographing the blurred Mickey Mouse on Crosby Street between East Houston and First Street, a place where frequently amazing murals appear.


The Gatsby Hotel on East Houston Street (near Whole Foods) got a stylish outfit.


The infamous Epstein`s on Allen Street (a dive for the raucous bridge & tunnel crowd) is closed now, but there are still amazing murals to see.


Above the famous graffiti wall on Bowery & Houston Street. The mural is a creation by the Spanish artist duo PichiAvo & commissioned by the real estate corporation Goldman Properties, which also owns the legendary Winwood Walls in Miami (miami).


Beware - there is a tiger on Lafayette Street.

This beauty is on Allen Street at home.







Tictall, a fashion shop on Orchard Street, commissioned a cute mural.


On Eldrige Street, near East Houston, I also find frequently changing murals.


The "no parking face" beautifies a door in the East Village.


There were more beautified shutter doors, of course. The Library is a pub on Avenue A.


 
Someone glued this amazing Sticker on Elizabeth & Broome Street.
 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment