Monday, April 23, 2018

Contemporary Art: A Visit @ Madre - Napoli`s Museum Of Modern Art

(Drivebycuriosity) - I enjoy contemporary art. Therefore I visit as many museums with contemporary art as possible. On Thursday my wife and I wen to Madre, Napoli´s Museum of Modern Art where we found a impressive selection (madrenapoli).



Fortunately the place was less crowded than Pompei, no school classes there, so we could inspect the displayed works without problems. I show here my favorites from the exhibition, a very subjective selection as usual.


The museum presents a temporay exhibition related to Pompei and ancient Rome.


Above some works displaying the Vesuv, the vulcano who destroyed Pompei about 2000 years ago.



Above some art work related to the fluxus movement in the middle of the 20th century


Above an image from a wall filling mural and a detail of it


Above "Self-portrait in six pieces"  by Urs Lüthi.


Above "Elizabeth of Austria" by Anselm Kiefer.


Above "Imprevisto/Unexpected" by Renato Barisani.





I don´t know the creators of these images, but I like them anyway.



Above Joseph Beuys by Andy Warhol.


Above some sculptures by Richard Serra.




To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment