Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Culture: A Visit @ Museo Nazionale Della Ceramica, Naples, Italy

(Drivebycuriosity) - During our stay in Naples (Napoli) my wife and I lodged in Vomero, a lovely neighborhood on the top of a mountain. The district has an interesting museum located in a beautiful villa surrounded by a lovely park: The Museo Nazionale della Ceramica (polomusealecampania). I show here some images from out visit last Friday.

As the names says we could see there a lot ceramics, many from the Renaissance and the Baroque, but also some paintings. I display here my favorites from the exhibition, a very subjective selection as usual.


I really love this clock.



Aren`t these beautiful?



The paintings are appealing as well.

More beauties


These images are a bit kitchy, but I like them anyway.


A wonderful imaginary landscape


                                                       The Glory Of Females


Adoring the glory of females.

A ridiculous man, but funny.



 A collection of canes, also known as walking sticks.

Some Asian art works.









A glance onto the beautiful garden.



And a view onto Naples and the Gulf of Naples from the park.


To be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment