Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Photography: Admiring Art Works

 

(Drivebycuriosity) -  I like to visit museums, auction houses, art galleries & art fairs. I love to see the displayed art works but I also enjoy spotting the other visitors. There is so much to see.


 

Recently I discovered the photo series "The Louvre and its visitors" by Alécio de Andrade, a Brazilian photographer (aleciodeandrade ). Above you can see one of these images which I spotted recently on twitter.






 

These images inspired me to publish here some pieces of my own photo collection, which maybe similar or not. The girls on the top of this post are inspecting an installation by Meg Webster, called "Mother Mound Salt" @ Paula Cooper Gallery and an installation by Anish Kapoor @ Gladstone Gallery, both in New York`s Chelsea district. On top of this paragraph the girls are admiring Pablo Picasso`s famous "Les demoiselles d'Avignon".












 

I think the images gain when they are combined with some attractive people. The ladies on the top of this paragraph are examining a photo-realist portrait by Rudolf Stingel (named "Untitled (After Sam")) apparently ignoring Urs Fischer`s melting wax-man “Julian".






Some visitors are part of the show and are at least as fascinating as the displayed artworks.



Some visitors are apparently there to enjoy themselves.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment