Saturday, May 26, 2018

Architecture: Rome - An Orgy In Red

(Drivebycuriosity) - Recently I visited Rome where I stayed about 3 weeks. I was impressed by the the monuments. But I also enjoyed the architecture of many profane buildings which were build in the recent 100 years. It seems that the Romans like red, ocker, yellow and variations of these colors. In ancient Rome the color red was the color of Mars, the god of war and patron of soldiers and it became the color of the legion. The color purple was considered to be a higher class of color due to the expense of purple dye (reddit). A walk through the eternal city is an orgy in red & purple.



Maybe today´s Romans are also inspired by the Colosseum and many other ancient Roman constructions which have similar color tones. Anyway being an ambitions amateur photographer I took a lot pictures from Rome`s colorful buildings and present here my favorites.



The most common color seems to be ocker - and variations of it.



                                                         Shades Of Red



The Romans also like red a lot.

I spotted some pink buildings as well.


Do these walls mix orange & gold? Anyway they look awesome.






                                                   A Feast For Photographers



Some buildings blend yellow & brown shades into amazing pieces of art.


Often I could see a mixture of ocker, yellow, red, orange & a kind of gold - a feast for photographers.

Above an image from a parade celebrating Roma Natale, the birth of Rome in April. Red rules!

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment