Friday, May 18, 2018

Photography: The Coolness Of Rome`s Subway Stations

(Drivebycuriosity) - My wife and I are back from 3 weeks in Rome. We walked a lot, but we also often took the subway. There are 2 lines which bring you near the most monuments and other important places. Rome`s subways is relatively modern (compared to New York`s), fast & cheap. And I was impressed how cool the subway stations look. Some of the stations have their own style and are beautifully designed.



My favorite is EUR Fermi, a station in the satellite town EUR in the south of the metropolis. I like the dark blue walls and the geometric structures which resemble the general design of this district (here my report about EUR`s architecture & design  driveby).



I also like the yellow stripes which characterize station Bologna in the north east of the city.




Station Termini in the city`s center, where you can change the lines - and also transfer to the railway trains - looks like a still from a science fiction movie.




The entrance to Tiburtina station in the north looks futuristic as well.




To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment