Sunday, June 17, 2018

Contemporary Art: Mannequins & More @ Gallery Artifact New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like contemporary art.  Therefore I often visit art galleries in my neighborhood, New York`s Lower East Side. Gallery Artifact  (84 Orchard Street artifact) belongs to my favorite places, because the art trader has frequently changing art shows which are usually amazing.

On my recent visit I spotted work by 3 interesting artists. Above you can see some pictures of mannequins by Stefan Jellheden which look disturbing (ellhedenphoto). But the images are interesting anyway.


The erotic photos by Alice Alamanou are comforting and they are nicely composed.


I also like the collages by Manuella Muerner Marioni. As you can see in the detail shot above the artist integrated some circuits and other electronics.


Above more by Marioni.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment