Sunday, July 22, 2018

Contemporary Art: Sci-Fi Worlds @ Gallery Artifact New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like contemporary art.  Therefore I am often visiting art galleries in my neighborhood, New York`s Lower East Side. Gallery Artifact  (84 Orchard Street artifact) belongs to my favorite places, because the art trader has frequently changing art shows which are usually amazing.

As usual the art dealer has a group exhibition with interesting new works. I indulge into the paintings by Kaileigh Osarczuk (hudson). The images look scenes of ambitious science fiction movies.


Her powerful style reminds me a bit of the Californian Expressionism, the "Bay Area Figurative Movement", and painters like Richard Diebenkorn & Elmer Bischoff  (wikipedia). This style is also called "Abstract Expressionism".



To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment