Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Contemporary Art: Female Energy @ 326 Gallery New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - Manhattan is known for Wall Street & Broadway, but the island also is a mecca of art, there are so many art galleries spread all over the place. Yesterday I took a look into 326 Gallery, which is located on 326 7th Avenue in the fashion district (326gallery). Currently they show "Temporaral Escape: Women of Abstraction in NYC".


The press release claims that "the artworks presented are charged with female energy, emanating in part from sensuous depictions of female bodies" (press). I display here my favorites from this exhibition, a very subjective selection as usual.


The pink blossoms above remind me of similar paintings by Georgia O'Keeffe.


I also like these psychedelic structures.


To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment