Thursday, November 29, 2018

Street Art New York: Fall 2018 Edition

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like street art. Being an ambitious amateur photographer I took a lot pictures from the murals, graffiti and stencils I spotted in my neighborhoods, the streets of Lower East, Soho & East Village. I show here my  favorites from the recent weeks, a very subjective selection as usual.

On Rivington Street on Manhattan´s Lower East Side I saw a huge mural which depicts the infamous Club 27: Musicians who all lost their lives in the age of 27.



On Allan Street I found a similar mural.


The girl & astronaut dispute somewhere in East Village.


The sea monster lives in a little park between East Houston & 1rst Street.


I believe the huge balloon flies on Avenue C.


The infamous Epstein`s on Allen Street (a dive for the raucous bridge & tunnel crowd) has reopened  and there are still amazing murals like these tropical birds.


Above a mural seen on the wall of rag & bone at the corner of Elizabeth & Houston. For years this fashion shop impresses with frequently changing art work of high quality.


This  funny teddy bear I spotted on East Houston across Whole Foods.


On Ludlow Street I saw this wild mural.


Another mural on Ludlow Street, not my favorite, but I like the combination with the girls before.


More murals found on the Lower East Side & in East Village.


There are a lot of stencils & stickers of course

and some interesting graffiti.
 

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment