Sunday, December 16, 2018

Modern Art: Wassily Kandinsky @ Palacio De Bellas Artes, Mexico City

 

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am a fan of Wassily Kandinsky. The Russian artist was a pioneer of abstract art and impresses me by his futuristic & elegant compositions. I was happy to see an exhibition of his work & career @ Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City. I display here my favorites from the show, a very subjective selection as usual.

 

Above this paragraph you can see a real gem, his  "Sign" (1925). It is simple but beautiful.

 

Above "Entwicklung/Development" (1928) followed by "Movement I" (1935); "Blaues Segment" & "Overcast" (1912) . Below more image from the show:







 

The show includes a Kandinsky room. Yes, Kandinsky also was a musician.



 

Above two of his black & white paintings.

 

The show also depicts Kandinsky`s development. Above some very early works which I wouldn`t have recognized as "Kandinskys".

 

The map illustrates the stations of his career when he moved from his home country Russia to Germany & France.


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment