Monday, June 10, 2019

Contemporary Art: A Visit @ Saatchi London

 

 (Drivebycuriosity) - My wife and I are visiting London. As usual we are exploring the local museums & art galleries. Yesterday we visited Saatchi in Chelsea.


 

I was impressed how huge this place is, much larger than the already big galleries in Manhattan. Saatchi can easily compete with   the famous art museums of the world. We saw a fascinating group exhibition called "Kaleidoscope" ( saatchigallery). The show spread over a large complex of buildings and each of the presented artist got at least one big room for her works.




 

I really loved the ships by Whitney Bedford.


 

I also indulged into the waves by Pierre Carreau.

 

The oriental paintings by Nasser Azzam caught my eyes as well.

 

Above the flamboyant compositions by the Danish artist Peter Linde Busk.


 

Above Tillman Kaiser`s geometrical structure.

 

Funny figures by MeiMei.

 

This amazing Cyanea Jellyfish is a creation by Lily Mixe.


 

The admission was free and they didn`t mind that I took photos. The place also attracted a cool crowd.

 

To be continued

 

No comments:

Post a Comment