Sunday, September 15, 2019

Heavy Metal: Wovenhand @ Saint Vitus Brooklyn 2019

(Drivebycuriosity) - Wovenhand belongs to my favorite bands. Yesterday they played @ Saint Vitus Bar, a tiny place in Brooklyn, practically a hole in the wall. This was the 4th gig by the band I saw.

As usual the band from Denver, Colorado, created a melange of country, native folklore, gospels, psychedelic & heavy metal. I got the impression that their sound is getting heavier from concert to concert. Frontman David Eugene Edwards, who is known as a devout christian, seemed to celebrate a Holy Mass. Even though I am an agnostic I was mesmerized by David´s powerful gospels. His unique body language & voice - combined with the massive riffs of the band - created an idiosyncratic show,  blending gothic,  psychedelic and heavy metal elements - a kind of metal opera. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment