Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Culture: Work In Progress

Visitors of New York might be impressed by the huge advertisements at Time Square, a very commercial kind of pop art. But the connoisseurs of impressive advertisements could find more. I like the huge advertisements which are painted on some walls of houses in South Manhattan. Some are real eye candy.

During my last stay in New York I spotted the development of a huge advertisement at Lafayette Street at the eastern border of the trendy Lower East Side. You can see here some steps of the evolution of this piece of pop culture.

The work started around one week ago and was still in progress as I left the city last Monday.

I`m planning to come back by the Christmas week and to post then the final view of ad art. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment