Saturday, September 27, 2014

Food: Pasta A La Spinaci & Pomodoro

(Drivebycuriosity) - The best things in life are often very simple. This also is true for one of my favorite dishes: Pasta A La Spinaci & Pomodoro.

I start with chopping garlic, usually 5 gloves and more. They go into a pan with heated olive oil where they get fried till they look glassy. Then I cover the slightly fried garlic with tomatoes. I use a can of peeled tomatoes which I chop into smaller pieces, but I keep the rest of the tomato juice in the can.

Then I stir tomatoes & garlic with a spatula till they marry to a thick sauce. This mixture I sprinkle generously with black pepper and a bit of salt - and a minute later a bit with hot red pepper. A let the blend simmer for 2 minutes, then I add generously minced basil.

After 2 minutes more I cover the sauce with baby spinach fresh from the grocery. I wait around 1 minute then I pour the rest of the tomato sauce from the can onto the spinach and start stirring spinach with the sauce.

Parallel to this I bring a pot of slightly salted water to cook. I drop about a handful pasta, usually Linguini Fini from Italy, into the boiling water and cook the noodles till they are "al dente", around 8 minutes.

I put the ready noodles on a plate and pour the sauce over it. Finally I cover the dish with gratenated Italian Parmesan cheese.

Bon appétit. 

Btw. The recipe also functions with broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment