Saturday, January 28, 2017

Culture: A Visit @ Casa Museo Pedro Nel Gómez, Medellin, Colombia

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like to visit museums, there is so much to learn & to discover. My wife and  I used our stay in Medellin, Colombia, for a visit @ Casa Museo Pedro Nel Gómez. The place collects paintings & sculpture by the name giving Colombian artist.

Pedro Nel Gómez was an engineer, painter, and sculptor, best known for his work as a muralist (wikipedia). According to Wikipedia the multi-talent started the Colombian Muralist Movement, inspired by the Mexican movement that drew on nationalistic, social, and political messages as subjects. The museums shows some of his murals, other paintings & sculptures. I display here my favorites, a very subjective selection as usual.





I like his strong brush strokes, which remind me of the German expressionists, and the dynamic style of his murals. It seems he was a connoisseur of the female body. I also liked the architecture of the museum building which includes an open atrium.



On the way to museum we could also see some reproductions of his works which were attached on house walls, a kind of street art.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment