Friday, March 17, 2017

Books: The Wright Brothers By David Mc Cullough

(Drivebycuriosity) - I cannot imagine a life without flying. Born in Germany, I wouldn´t have met my American wife & I wouldn´t live in New York. I am interested how it evolved and became possible. So I read the biography "The Wright Brothers" by David McCullough (amazon).

McCullough tells painstakingly why the brothers did succeed while others had failed. He draws a portrait of scientific explorers who had stubbornly strong beliefs into themselves and who benefited from a solid intellectual education. He describes the various challenges they met, how they had to struggle with nature, technical issues and an ignorant & skeptical social environment.

The books portraits a milestone of history and it helps to understand how the US evolved into the largest economy of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment