Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Contemporary Art: The Power Of Colors @ Gallery Artifact New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like contemporary art.  I enjoy the variety of ideas, styles & techniques. Therefore I am fascinated with a new exhibition @ gallery Gallery Artifact on Manhattan`s Lower East Side (84 Orchard Street artifactnyc).

As usual the art dealer has a group exhibition with interesting new works. I indulge into the expressionist paintings by Linda Manguiat-Herzog (manguiatstudio). Her paintings remind me of the Californian Expressionism, the "Bay Area Figuartive Movement", and painters like Richard Diebenkorn & Elmer Bischoff  (wikipedia). This style is also called "Abstract Expressionism".



Above you can see how the artist uses rough brushstrokes to create her images.


Above some of her abstract works which also benefit from her technique.





                                               Fascination With New York City 


I also like the cityscapes by Miho Takai. It seems the artist shares my fascination with New York City which is my home now.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment