Saturday, June 24, 2017

Contemporary Art: What Recently Caught My Eyes @ Lower East Side Galleries

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like to go to art galleries in my neighborhood, New York`s Lower East Side. There is so much to discover. The gallery Thierry Goldberg belongs to my favorites ( 103 Norfolk Street  thierrygoldberg). The art dealer now has a group show called "Look Her Way" (through July 14th 2017).

Especially 2 paintings caught my eyes. Above you can see "Soft Truce" (2017, oil on canvas) followed by "Breakfast" (2017, oil on canvas) both by Danielle Orchard.


Gallery Onetwentyeight in the close neighborhood (128 Rivington Street  onetwentyeight) also shows interesting art works. Above you can see works by the late Japanese sculptor Hiromitsu Morimoto.


They also display some wonderful paintings by Maru Mayumi.


To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment