Saturday, June 3, 2017

Photography: Manhattan`s Billboards - The Lilliput Effect

 

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am fascinated by New York City, where I have been living since 2012. I am amazed by the hustle & bustle and the sheer size of the metropolis. Part of the fascination are the huge billboards you can spot all over Manhattan. People and cars are dwarfed by them, which reminds me of Jonathan Swift's novel Gulliver's Travels. Here I show some pics to document this Lilliput effect.


 

On top of this post you can see an advertisement for Italian beer. Really! I spotted the billboard on Lafayette & Great Jones Street. Below that another image from Lafayette, closer to East Houston.

 

Above some images from SoHo close to Canal Street.


 

Above more billboards from Lafayette which seems to be really popular with advertisers.



 

Calvin Klein chose a wall on East Houston Street & Lafayette.


 

Other fashion houses prefer a place between Central Street & Lafayette.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment