Sunday, November 11, 2018

Economics: How I Would End Global Warming If I Would Be An Omnipotent Dictator

(Drivebycuriosity) - There is much talk about global warming. If I would be an omnipotent dictator I would end global warming and the greenhouse effect.

That´s how: First, no more sprawl. People in the suburbs, the sprawl, need cars & a lot of driving to got to work, to shop and and to spend their leisure times. So their cars emit a lot of carbon dioxide (CO2), a main cause of the greenhouse effect.

Being an omnipotent dictator I would relocate the sprawl people into the big and densely populated cities like New York or Chicago. No private cars would be permitted, but I would offer cheap public transport (subways, trains, buses). Trains and buses would run by electricity which would be delivered by nuclear power (zero greenhouses gases). Heating & cooking would be done with natural gas, which consists mostly of methane (wikipedia). So, when you burn natural gas you burn methane, with the chemical formula CH4 (one atom of carbon and four atoms of hydrogen). Burning methane is a chemical reaction summarized as follows: CH4 + 2 O2 → CO2 + 2 H2O (wikipedia). So you get a bit CO2 but twice water. As a result the creation of greenhouse gases would be significantly reduced.

What happens with the sprawl? I would demolish all buildings & streets. Soon plants would reclaim huge areas and the original jungle would return, eating a lot of the CO2.

I am aware that this is just science fiction. I am aware that the suburbanites want to keep their life style and keep driving. Please do so, but please stop whining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment