Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Contemporary Art: New York Academy Of Art 2015 Chubb Fellow Exhibition @ Mark Miller Gallery, New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - The New York Academy of Art is a prestigious institution. In May I reported about works created by a group of graduates (driveby). The Mark Miller Gallery in New York´s Lower East Side (92 Orchard Street) has now a show with works by 3 artists called "2015 chubb Fellows Exhibiton" (through September 30 2015   markmiller).

I show here my favorites from this exhibition. This is a very subjective selection as usual.



                                                                 Sinister Selfies



Above you can see Alonsa Guevara`s works , My Cerremony (2015, oil on canvas) & My Sister`s Cerremony (2015, oil on canvas). Looks like she painted herself as corps, sinister selfies.




Here more works by Alonsa Guevara, all: (2015, oil on canvas)




Above paintings by Shangkai Kevin Yu, all: oil on canvas. The portraits, Grandma on the Table & Grandpa on the Table are a bit too conventional for my taste, but they might represent popular modern Chinese art.


Anyway: Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment