Thursday, November 26, 2015

Culture: Tidbits From A Short Visit @ Museum Of Fine Arts, Boston

(Drivebycuriosity) - When I visit a city I like to go her art museums. Last weekend I used my short trip to Boston to see the Museum Of Fine Arts (mfa). The institution has a remarkable large and well sorted collection. Unfortunately I had not much time so I could just pick some delicatessen.





Being a connoisseur for contemporary art I focused on their collection of contemporary art which is quite impressive. Below you can see"Jessica" (2012, oil on canvas) by Chantal Joffe (google). The British painter (born 1967) spezializes in portraits of women. This picture shows Jessica Chastain, even that I didn´t recognize the actress. The painting was made via computer screen from a live video chat on skype.



Below "Untitled" (1998, oil on canvas) by the Argentinian painter Guillermo Kuitca; followed by "Retinas" (1998, two gelatin silver prints) by Gary Schneider.




Below "Double Blue Barbra (The Jewish Jackie Series)" (1992, silkscreen ink on synthetic polymer paint on canvas) by Deborah Kass, who was apparently inspired by Andy Warhol plus "Manjushri" (2005-07, unique carbon color print on Zerkall paper) by Doug and Mike Starn.




I also took a short look into their classical collection:








Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment