Sunday, November 8, 2015

Photography: Billboards - The Lilliput Effect

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am fascinated by New York City, where I have been living since 2012. The metropolis is full of life. I am impressed by the sheer size of the city and her buildings. Part of the fascination are the huge billboards you can spot all over Manhattan. People and cars are dwarfed by them, which reminds me of Jonathan Swift's novel Gulliver's Travels.



It seems that every company in the world which wants to be recognized,  has to invests huge sums to be visible here, even when the New Yorkers don´t seem to notice. Often the commercials are stylish and sexy. I display here a selection of pictures I collected on the streets of Manhattan.







                                                         She´s Looking On You






Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment