Sunday, May 15, 2016

Contemporary Art: Entertain & Provoke - NADA Art Fair 2016 Redux

(Drivebycuriosity) - Contemporary art wants to entertain and to provoke, at least many artists do so. You could see that at the NADA Art Fair 2016, which happened recently in New York City. More than 100 galleries showed works of their favored artists. I display here my favorites from the show, as usual a very subjective selection. Be entertained!



Some of the images above seem to represent wild orgies. Pic No. 2, 3, & 4 above this paragraph are by Dale Lewis represented by the gallery Edel Assanti in London (edelassanti).






Other artists created more classical portraits, kind of.





I wasn`t the only one who took a lot of pictures. 



Above some works by Akira Ikezoe. I was so impressed by his funny ideas that I wrote an extra post about his paintings (driveby ). 







There was much more to discover.















I also indulged into some of the more traditional abstracts.





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment