Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Contemporary Art: Neo Expressionism & More @ Gallery Artifact, New York


(Drivebycuriosity) - The year is just some days old. But there are already some fresh art shows @ New York´s Lower East Side vibrant art scene. Last week I reported about an exhibition @ Taittinger (driveby). Gallery Artifact on 84 Orchard Street (artifactnyc) also has a fascinating new show. I display here my favorites, a very subjective selection as usual.



I enjoyed especially the neo-expressionist paintings by Melba Juez-Perrone (melbajuez). They remind me of the Californian Expressionism, the "Bay Area Figuartive Movement", and painters like Richard Diebenkorn & Elmer Bischoff  (wikipedia). This style is also called "Abstract Expressionism".



Above more examples.




I also liked the funny figurative paintings by Wilhem Shenrok (shenrok) .



The black & write abstracts by Ken Denning (kendenning) were interesting as well.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment