Sunday, May 28, 2017

Contemporary Art: Fire (America) & More @ Lower East Side Galleries New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - Manhattan´s Lower East Side has an infamous party scene and attracts the bridge-and-tunnel crowds. But the district is also a place of art with more than 100 galleries. I enjoy to visit the art dealers frequently because they usually offer a nice spectrum of contemporary art. I display here my impressions from my latest foray into LES`s art scene, a very subjective selection as usual. Let the images speak for themselves.

 On top of this post you can see an image from Lehmann Maupin on 201 Christie Street (lehmannmaupin). They showed works by Teresita Fernández, the show was called "Fire (America)".


Above some images from gallery Thierry Goldberg on Norfolk Street ( thierrygoldberg). They exhibit paintings by Maya Bloch ("Anybody out there? through June 11, 2017).



Above images from Bitforms Gallery on Allen Street.




Gallery artifact on Orchard Street (artifact), one of my favorite places, shows works by 3 artists as usual. My favorites of this selection are the works by Kentaro Chiba. A series of canvases build a streak of art. I am impressed how elaborat these images are. Above some examples.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment