Friday, January 4, 2019

Contemporary Art: A Group Of Individuals @ Ivy Brown Gallery New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am a connoisseur of contemporary art and like to visit art galleries. Yesterday I attended an opening reception @ Ivy Brown Gallery. The art dealer is located in Manhattan´s classy Meatpacking district (675 Hudson Street  ivybrowngallery ). They opened an exhibition named "A Group Of Individuals", containing the work of about a dozen artists.

I was glad to spot a new painting by David Mellen there. Above you can see his wall filling painting " Negation". I have seen his work before (see my posts 2017 &   2014). I really love his style, his paintings are unique and I can easily recognize his work (you can find more information on his website dsmstudio  and on this website artsy.net   ). Below you can see two more paintings by him: "Inquiet" followed by "We belong to nowhere".



2 more works caught my eyes. Below you can see the sculpture "Roman Fertility Goddess" by Joshua Goode & "Fons et origo #3" by Angelica Bergamini.




To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment