Friday, March 29, 2024

Contemporary Art: Fun And Games @ Gallery Perrotin New York


(Drivebycuriosity) - Manhattan`s Lower East Side is slowly degenerating into a party district with a legion of fast food places & other dives. But there are still some fine art galleries, albeit fewer than some years ago. The French/American Gallery Perrotin on Orchard Street is my favorite (perrotin ). I often see amazing shows there.

Recently I spotted a show with works by GaHee Park (leaflet ). The artist is born in Korea and lives in Canada. I love her funny paintings which remind me of René Magritte`s surreal images.




Above you can see "Marine Dreams" (224, oil on linen) followed by "Fun and Games" (2023, oil on canvas).

 



Above this paragraph follow "Under Cover" and another surreal image.

 


last but not least: "World of Tails".

 

To be continued 

No comments:

Post a Comment