Thursday, October 3, 2024

Contemporary Art: Tableaux Rosa @ Lyles & King New York


 (Drivebycuriosity) -  Gallery Lyles & King in Manhattan´s Chinatown belongs to my favorite art places ( lylesandking). I have spotted so many amazing exhibitions there. Recently I posted about the show "Between the Lines" ( driveby). This post is about an exhibition called "Tableaux Rosa", with paintings by Regina Parr.



On top of this post you can see "Salome’s navel" (2024, Oil on Arches paper on Aluminum, 60 x 45 inches, 152.4 x 114.3 cm) followed by "Venus intoxicating Mars with nectar" (2024, Oil on Arches paper on Aluminum, 40 x 30 inches, 101.6 x 76.2 cm).

 



Above follow "I am the youngest of the Bacchantes, (2024) & "Queen of Swords" (2024).

 



Above you can see "But I to you offer a white goat and I will pour wine over" (2024, Oil on Arches paper on Aluminum) plus a detail shot.

As a bonus I add below images from another show at Lyles & King by Kate Meissner







 

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment