Friday, August 12, 2022

Contemporary Art: Columbia MFA Summer Show @ Half Gallery New York

 


(Drivebycuriosity) - America´s universities are super expensive. Students - and their parents - have to spend tons of money to earn an academic degree. And what do they get?

 

 


Half Gallery in Manhattan´s East Village displays the Columbia MFA Summer Show 22+23, Part 2 ( halfgallery). The exhibition features 58 Columbia MFA artists and 7 faculty members.

 

 
 



Most of the art works seemed mediocre to me, compared to the works I usually spot. Many images could have been done by 12 year olds.





Anyway,  I found some interesting art works which I display here, a very subjective selection as usual.




Aren`t they cute? The image inspired me to the idea if I could persuade my wife and her sisters to undress and let me take a photo of them, I might earn an American art degree (but I wouldn`t pay for that).


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment