Friday, August 19, 2022

Culture: Psycho Las Vegas 2022 - Day One - Rain In The Desert



 

(Drivebycuriosity) - It is August again, time for Psycho Las Vegas. My wife and I pilgrimed again to Nevada to attend the mega rock festival. The event had moved again and is now happening in the Resorts World complex at the noth end of Las Vegas`famous Strip.

Psycho Las Vegas 2022 also got much larger and offers over 4 days (and nights) more than 130 performers  - an all you can eat buffet. 

The festival started as usual at the pool. Sunshine, bikinis and more or less heavy sounds. Unfortunately the pool event happened in a smaller place than last year at the Mandalay Bay Resort and a larger crowd got crammed between pools, cabanas and the stage.

 


 

In the evening happened an unusual rain shower and crowd darling Elder had to brake up their concert. The winner was Eyehategod, my favorite for the day, who could start their gig earlier as scheduled. Frontman Mike IX Williams delivered a funny and somewhat sick show enhanced by the band`s heavy & bluesy guitar riffs. The called they show "End Time Blues"

I also enjoyed the gig by Uniform. This is an acquired taste. I had not liked them when I checked the bands in advance on YouTube. In the begin of the concert I disliked the spastic show of the front man but after a while his performance - together with the massive drone guitars of the band - made sense and I liked it more and more.

I had much fun watching Starcrawler. The front woman - dressed in a white bikini or such - performed like a go-go girl. Her show combined with the strong drone guitars of the band was awesome - the perfect band for the pool.

I also saw Rifflord & Early Mood early in the afternoon.

To be continued

  

No comments:

Post a Comment