Saturday, January 16, 2016

Photography: Lazy Days On Emerald Beach, St. Thomas US Virgin Islands - Impressions Via iPhone 6s Plus

(Drivebycuriosity) - It´s freezing cold in New York City. So, my wife and I took a vacation from winter and enjoyed some lazy days @ Emerald Beach, St. Thomas, US Virgin Island. The trip also was an occasion to try out the camera of my iPhone 6s Plus that I got on Christmas.

I really love the phone and the camera. The device is fast and easy to handle, and it is fun editing the picture on my MacBook Pro, using the new operating system OS X El Capitan. I show here a selection of my photographic impressions.




St. Thomas, a tropical island (Latitude 18 N), is full of joy. I tried to capture the gorgeous light, the colors and the interplay of ocean, land and clouds. Some images remind me of the works by the expressionist painters.




It was fun doing nothing and watching all the boats and ships floating in the bay and on the horizon.





Spotting all the activities on the beach and in the water was fun as well.




                                                             Pretty Mermaids


The beach also had a lot of pretty mermaids of course.










Lazy beach days in the Caribbean aren`t complete without some junk food and rum drinks. And below a view into the hotel garden. I really indulged into the tropical lush.








Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment