Monday, December 19, 2016

Street Art New York: My Top Twenty 2016

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am connoisseur of street art. I like murals, graffiti, stencils and other incarnations of this elusive art form and take pictures when ever I can. Therefore I shot a lot of street art pictures, especially in New York`s neighborhoods Lower East Side, East Village & Soho.





Here are my top 20 of 2016 (here of 2015 ). Actually I got 24, but I couldn´t resist.

On top of this post & above this paragraph you can see some murals I spotted on the wall of rag & bone at the corner of Elizabeth & Houston. This fashion shop impresses with frequently changing art work of high quality.




The photographed murals above were on Orchard Street between Delancey & Broome Street. There is another place for spotting funny street art, commissioned by another fashion shop.




The kid - who reminds me of Mao posters - is still at home on 11th Street/1rst Avenue.









Above more wall covering murals found on the Lower East Side & East Village.





The famous graffiti wall on Bowery & Houston Street got a mural (stencil painting) by Logan Hicks (here more by this artist driveby).






I discovered more impressive murals on Houston Street, the funny faces were on corner Houston/Second Avenue, the black-and-white work was on Crosby Street, which can be seen from East Houston Street.







I detected the interesting faces somewhere on the Lower East Side.







Some more nice street art works.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment