Thursday, October 3, 2019

Contemporary Art: Find Your Halo @ HG Contemporary New York

 

(Drivebycuriosity) - I love contemporary art and I like to go to art galleries & museums. Recently I saw an amazing exhibition with paintings by Louis Carreon @ HG Contemporary. The show is called "Find your Halo" ( hgcontemporary)

 

According to the press release Carreon has a background in street art (it shows!) and is influenced by artists like Basquiat and Julian Schnabel. I like his colorful and humorous paintings. It seems he wants to make fun of the classic religious paintings.


 

Maybe Leonardo da Vinci would use the same style if he would be alive today.


 

Some of these paintings remind me also of Caravaggio. I want to see more shows by this artist.



To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment