Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Culture: Psycho Las Vegas 2021 - Day Four - Warm Dessert Night



 (Drivebycuriosity) - On Sunday Psycho Las Vegas 2021 ended. The set was not at strong as the 2019 finale (driveby ), but there were still interesting bands to discover.

I enjoyed Frankie and the Witch Fingers, a real discovery. The band delivered a mix of garage rock, heavy metal and psychedelic and blended dream like melodies with aggressive sound explosions. I want to hear more from them.

The sludge metal band Glacial Tomb celebrated a really dark and cavernous show and the death metal band Vitriol shook the House of Blues with violent riffs.

New York´s death metal band Immolation (founded  1986) delivered very fast riffs, usually not my taste - I prefer bands like Yob and Amrena -, but the sheer power and guitar virtuosity accumulated over 4 decades amazed me.

The stoner band Weedeater, who played on the beach area with blurred and deep riffs, turned the warm dessert night in pure bliss.

I am looking forward to Psycho Las Vegas 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment