Thursday, May 23, 2024

Art Market: Impressionists & More @ Some Tidbits From Spring Auctions 2024 New York

 


(Drivebycuriosity) - In the recent two weeks New York´s global auction houses had their huge spring auctions. Besides masses of contemporary works there were also a lot Impressionists and other epochs. Since I focus on contemporary art I display here just some tidbits from the galleries at Christie´s, Sotheby`s & Phillips.

On top of this post you can see my favorite: René Magritte´s "Le Banquet".



 

At Phillips I discovered this wonderful Monet: "La route de Vétheuil, effet de neige".

 


I also love "Interior with a Stove" by Vilhelm Hammershøi.

 


Above follows "Sans Titre" by the Chilean surrelist Matta.

 



This beauty by Egon Schiele also caught my eyes: "Stehender Akt mit Draperietuch"




Moisle Kisling´s females can easily be recognized by his idiosyncratic style: "Femme à l'écharpe bleue".

 


 

Robert Henri´s "Portrait of Sarah Burke" is an eye catcher as well.




Above follows Leonor Fini`s "Le Train".





I couldn`t resist to collect some of the ubiquitous nudes: Max Pechstein`s “Akt Ill, sitzend von vorne (Marta)”  paintings by: Pierra Bonnard:  "Nus’Habillitant" & "Nu de profil, jambe droite levée".

 


Last but not least Alexander Calder`s “Cornucopia”.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment