Monday, December 3, 2018

Contemporary Art: A Visit @ Museo Jumex Mexico City

 

(Drivebycuriosity) - Mexico City has many faces. Some parts of the cosmopolitan mega-city are very cool. Yesterday my wife & I went to Museo Jumex, a private museum in the posh neighborhood Polcano which attracts a cool crowd. The place is owned by the art collector Eugenio López Alonso and looks very chill thanks to the design by the British David Chipperfield Architects. We could see some temporary exhibitions: "Scripted Reality: The Life and Art of Television";  "Indipendent Networks" &"Could be (an Arrrow)".


The girl above is admiring "Mary" (2012) by Catherine Ople.


 

The wall filling mural is called "Sky Backdrop", created by Alex Israel.

 

I have no idea who fathered this lady but I like her anyway.


 

Above "As the world turns" (2007) by Brenna Youngblood.







I also noted that some some of the guards wore bullet proof vests.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment