Sunday, December 23, 2018

Street Art New York: My Top Twenty 2018

(Drivebycuriosity) - I am connoisseur of street art. I like murals, graffiti, stencils and other incarnations of this elusive art form and take pictures wherever I can. Therefore I shot a lot of street art pictures, especially in New York`s neighborhoods Lower East Side, East Village & Soho.


Here are my top 20 of 2018 (here my report from 2017 ). Actually I have 22 but I couldn`t resist. The sea monster on top of this post lives in a little park between East Houston & 1rst Street. The girl & astronaut dispute somewhere in East Village.


I saw Marilyn and the other beauty on on the Lower East Side on Eldridge Street  close to East Houston Street.


I spotted the Greek scene in Soho on Elizabeth & Prince Street.

The rogue cowboy belongs to the East Village I believe, the other mural too.


On Rivington Street on Manhattan´s Lower East Side I saw a huge mural which depicts the infamous Club 27: Musicians who all lost their lives in the age of 27. The other image is on Allan Street also on the Lower East Side.


I believe I saw this mural in Soho.

The big head is a creation by the Australian street artist Anthony Lister, discovered in  Chinatown (anthonylister).
Above more images from Chinatown New York.


I spotted the roaring tiger on the wall of rag & bone at the corner of Elizabeth & Houston. This fashion shop impresses with frequently changing art work of high quality. The infamous Epstein`s on Allen Street (a dive for the raucous bridge & tunnel crowd) has reopened and there are still amazing murals like these tropical birds.



Above a mural on the famous Bowery mural wall (corner East Houston), created by the Los Angeles based artist Tristan Eaton (tristaneaton).


The stickers & stencils industry was busy again.

Something wild on Ludlow Street (Lower East Side).


I really love this graffiti.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment