Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Contemporary Art: Tanya Merrrill @ Half Gallery New York


(Drivebycuriosity) - Contemporary art is full of diescoveries. While walking Avenue B in Manhattan`s East Village I spotted a new art gallery: Half Gallery. The art dealer has an interesting exhibition. They display paintings by Tanya Merrrill, the show is called "Woman Laughing Alone in the Woods at Night" ( halfgallery ).


I display my favorites here, a very subjective selection as usual. I love Mrs. Merrill`s humorous and fresh style. Some of these paintings remind me of the Austrian artist Maria Lassnig, who`s work I discovered in a Barcelona museum some years ago ( driveby)
 .


Funny & Wild


The painting remind me of classical Chinese watercolors.





To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment