Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Photography: Impressions From Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

 

(Drivebycuriosity) - Last week my wife and I stayed in Puerto Vallarta. This was the second step on this year´s Mexico travel. PV is a resort town on Mexico’s Pacific coast, in Jalisco state. The city is known for her beaches & water sports.


 

We used the vacation to relax, to enjoy to great weather, eat good food & for swimming. Even though PV lays in the tropics, just south of the Tropics of Cancer, the climate is rather subtropical. We did not experience the wet backing heat I noticed in Thailand or on Bali, instead the climate was relative dry and day temperatures peaked at 82F (28 C) and in the night the mercury column dropped into the mid-60ths (18C).

 

The city is build on a mountain slope and reminds my of places on the Italian Riviera.


 

The blue Pacific belongs to the assets of PV



and the sunsets as well


 

I enjoyed the lush tropical vegetation I could see at some places


 

and I spotted some street art


 

and this beautiful door


 

Do you like this head surrounded by stony turtles?


 

I spotted these amazing murals in restaurante El Andriego which serves tasty traditional food.


 

I noticed this shrine in one of the beach front restaurants


 

some natives are enjoying a place for their own



 

I was fascinated by myriads of swallows who circled the rooftop pool where we stayed. The birds where fishing mosquitoes out of the water while flying. It looked like a scene out of Hitchcock`s "Birds".



 

I used to drive a Volkswagen myself in the past.


 

I really enjoyed the seafood


 

and the Margaritas.


Puerto Vallerta is a nice and sunny place for an ambitious & relaxing vacation.








No comments:

Post a Comment