Sunday, October 10, 2021

Contemporary Art: Jilian Evelyn´s Lack Of Pleasure @ Hashimoto Contemporary, New York


 (Drivebycuriosity) - Contemporary art is full of surprises. Yesterday as my wife and I walked towards the East River we passed Hashimoto  Contemporary, an art gallery on Rivington Street in Manhattan`s Lower East Side. There I discovered a nice art show. The art dealer displayed an exhibition called "Lack of Pleasure" by Jilian Evelyn (hashimoto).

 



The paintings are elegant, stylish and erotically - as you might see. I admire how the artist created alluring images - just with a few brush strokes. Beauty meets efficiency. It seems Evelyn is influenced by pop art & cartoons. All works were created this year during the pandemic. Let the images speak for themselves.

On top of this post you can see "Black boxed" followed by "Endlessly disillusioned" & "Holding Pattern".

 




 

Above this post follow "Checked out" & "Out of focus"

  



 


Above you can see "The collapse"; "Attempt" & "Lost touch".

I think the headline "Lack of Pleasure" is a misnomer. I had a lot of pleasure to observe this show!

 To be continued. 



No comments:

Post a Comment