Sunday, December 17, 2023

Contemporary Art: Adrian Ghenie`s Brave New World @ Pace Gallery, New York


 (Drivebycuriosity) - Adrian Ghenie (
(born 1977, Romania) ) belongs to the rising stars of contemporary art world and is one of my favorite painters. I noticed his works first at a Christie`s auction in May 2015 (driveby). I indulge into his generous play with colors and his humor. 

In  2017 I reported about a Ghenie show @ Pace Gallery in Manhattan´s Chelsea district ( driveby). The  prestigious art dealer has now another Adrian Ghenie exhibition (through December 22 pacegallery). The show is called "The Brave New World".

 

Throwing Soup On Masterpieces Reduces World Climate

 

The new paintings seem to be even more extreme and avant-garde. I have no idea what the artist wants to tell us. I put my favorite image on top of this post. I call it "It is a well known fact that throwing tomato soup on masterpieces reduces the world climate". This really happened, some climate activist threw soup an a Van Gogh painting (theguardian )

 


Above follows "Seeing Biden on TV again causes me nausea". Maybe the artist chose another politician, there are so many.




Above and below are more inspirations for funny titles. It`s up to you

 





 

 

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment