Thursday, August 16, 2018

Books: King Of Cuba By Christina Garcia

(Drivebycuriosity) - When I like a book by a certain author, I try to read more by her or him (I guess many do that). I had enjoyed Christina Garcia`s funny novel "The Lady Matador`s Hotel" very much (driveby).  So I got her book "King of Cuba" (amazon). I didn`t get disappointed.

The book is about Cuban´s. The plot follows alternating an retired Cuban dictator, who resembles Fidel Castro, and a fictitious  exile-Cuban living in the US. Both are beyond 80, struggling with ageing and are reflecting their lives. While the despot still dreams about the Cuban Revolution and his glory in the past, is the other obsessed with the idea of killing the retired despot (now Fidel´s brother is ruling the country). The plot is a farce with amusing episodes, sometimes hilarious & sometimes gross, but also describes the terror of the Cuban revolution. 

I want to read more by Christina Garcia.

No comments:

Post a Comment