Sunday, May 27, 2018

New York City: Rockn` Roll In Tompkins Square Park

(Drivebycuriosity) - New York City still rocks. Yesterday my wife and I walked to the Tompkins Square Park in East Village to enjoy the splendid summer weather. The park is a bohemian mecca attracting a motley crowd and a magnet for punks and other alternative lifeforms. Yesterday there was one of the summer concerts.

I watched a seasoned group who played good old Rockn`Roll in the style of the Ramones. I believe their name is "Undead" (wikipedia). I enjoyed their powerful performance and also the mood the band and their audience created. Being an ambitious amateur photographer I used the occasion to take a lot photos.

The band is the living proof that rock music is not only for the young and inspires also older generations who grew up with this kind of music.


Watching the audience was part of the fun.





There were a lot  of punks of course and some people where dancing

and I could spot some amazing tattoos

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment