Monday, May 21, 2018

Photography: Strange & Wild - Street Art Napoli (Naples)

 

(Drivebycuriosity) - Recently my wife and I visited Naples (Napoli). The South-Italian metropolis is a beautiful & fascinating city. I was impressed by her vital street art scene. Napoli´s street art is strange and wild, and often very political. I show here my favorites, a very subjective selection as usual.




 

Who is this man? What does he represent?


 

Bizarre & powerful.


 

I have no idea what the artist wants to tell us.


 

Napolitanos are obsessed with soccer


 

Some are playing with religion, many Napolitanos are very catholic



 

Another bizarre figure.


 

Some like big mermaids


 

Others remember Frida Kahlo.



 

Napoli`s street art is often very political, meaning left-wing.


 

A funny kiosk


 

Meet Papa Franceso


 

Some walls are psychedelic, others punky.



 

Some murals are humorous



 

others are a bit spooky




 

This would fit into any ambitious museum or gallery for contemporary art.




 

Here an artful restaurant advertisement



 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment